Sunday 6 January 2013

BONNE ANNEE 2013!!!

TAHQUAMENON FALLS, MICHIGAN

As the year 2012 closed up, I became a cocktail of emotions- a tremendous euphoria sprang up on my inside simultaneously as a sense of sadness over goals not achieved. I became nostalgic over the trip down south I was about to embark upon. Consequently, I was a cornucopia of feelings. I felt joy, laughter, sadness, peace all unique feelings for respective circumstances. I was in the car, journeying down to the South West after the quickest year I had ever experienced when an incident that will soon make the positive feelings gain ascendancy took place. We were driving on the right lane facing upwards since the road was not a dual road and a Toyota SUV  was racing downwards on the left lane but suddenly, this car lost control and was swerving into our lane, my uncle was at the wheels and was quick to respond with admirable aplomb. The SUV somersaulted into a ditch at the other side of the road, when it eventually stopped, all it's four tyres were facing the air, the windshield was gone!

We parked at a distance and hurried to the scene, it was near a village and so the villagers also were dashing out of their houses to the rescue. Pride welled up on my inside as I thought how great a people we are as Nigerians! Inexplicably, the driver and only occupant of the SUV came out without a scratch! It was a miracle and as we continued our journey, I received an epiphany that brought about a transmogrification of my thoughts and obliterated the ingredient sadness in my emotional cocktail as I again affirmed that the greatest gift of all is the air we freely breathe.

Of a surety, you made strategic plans at the beginning of the just concluded year as I did. You mapped out realizable goals and had unwavering hopes that dreams will come through. Maybe a few you achieved and many began to seem impossible and as the month of Immaculate Conception waned, your agitation grew like mine when it seemed like the dreams had faded into oblivion. The resultant effect then becomes a cocktail of emotions- sometimes you are up, excited, ecstatic even until you remember goals not achieved and your ebulliences collapse but have you thought about the greatest gift of them all?

LIFE!!!!!!!!!! Your ability to breathe guarantees that those dreams would and could still come to birth.  I would then like to welcome you to a year that dreams come true! The brand new 2013 whose womb is over fraught with greatness and my wish for you as well as my wish for me is that the blessings interred in the womb of this brand new year will be delivered to you and I without pain or labor. You and I will partake significantly of the greatness embedded in the heart of this year and it will be for us all a cornucopia of unprecedented events that will cause us to smile from deep within.  Get inspiration and stay inspired this year, it is all right here on THE INSPIRER.

1 comment:

  1. amen!!! transmogrification of my thoughts...lol

    ReplyDelete