Sunday 2 June 2013

"THE ALIUS"



 


Dear Reader, I would like to introduce a rare people to you today. The universe would make more meaning if only they were ubiquitous, alas! But before I do that, allow me to do this, saying that I profusely apologize for being mute will not suffice and sorry I was away seems not weighty enough to adequately convey my profound apologies. Two months of disappearing on this blog was like to me a death sentence but it was inevitable. I hope you forgive me for I have being on a ferocious quest to find equilibrium amidst the recent chaotic circumstances that have plagued me and almost taken my motivation away. Anyway, it feels great to be back online with greater resilience for the turbulence of life’s sea.
Momentarily, I would introduce to you a family and like I said earlier, the world would be a better place with more of such people but too bad! Good people are hard to find so if you have any of such rare gems in your life at the moment, here is free advice from the INSPIRER- “Never let them go” but before I do the introduction, READ THIS CAREFULLY.
Growing up under the influence of my very kind hearted and amiable mother and also as a protégé of her last sibling, my dear aunt Stella, I often was confronted with the didactic saying “ do unto others as you would expect to be do unto you”. These words were my aunt’s remarkable recipe for an amazing life. As I aged and became competent to distinguish pleasant from obnoxious, I solemnly vowed to live my life in accordance with the GOLDEN RULE that my dear aunt chanted as some kind of mantra.
As a little girl, I wasn’t the sweet kid that always wore a fuzzy smile but I was good. I cared about people and I loved animals, I remember helping my neighbors take care of a couple of white rabbits. As little as I was, mothers in the estate I grew up in entrusted me with their children whom I took to and from school.
We moved out of the estate and I stopped being a child, I became a teenager groping for self discovery in the maze of life. Everything changed but my dear aunt’s mantra did not diminish by a word in my heart but Ironically, I have had it misconstrued all that time.

Over the years, I have being opined that when one extends a philanthrophical gesture to another someone or a certain group of people, the receiver is bound by some unstated law of the universe to return such act of kindness if and when the occasion to do so surfaces. Well ignorantly, I thought it was an obligation compelled by nature and scruples! But the very enigmatic events of life have subtly revamped my assertions. This is my story and here, you will meet “THE ALIUS”



As a lover of art, literature and the media, it is only natural that I cultivate a desire for TV hosting. I have somehow told everyone that cares to listen that someday, I will host a show bigger and better than Oprah’s and Ellen’s put together and most of the time, I get a resonating guffaw as response but that has never dampened my spirit for my dream is mine and relentlessly I would pursue it!
Well, it seemed like a window opened up after all in March, I applied to audition as Mosunmola Abudu’s Co- host on the show “Moments with Mo” and I got an invitation!
The audition was to be held at the legendary EKO hotel and suites, Victoria Island, Lagos and I had just about ten days to plan and prepare for the trip and so, I became the “busy bee”.
I couldn’t afford to pay hotel bills due to the fact that my finances were a little thin at the time and I needed a place to stay. So I picked up my mobile and started dialing everyone I knew and thought rather was certain would offer me a place to stay.
I got the shock of my life; all my “friends” gave me a blatant NO. I was let down and disappointed and angry. My spirit sank and just then I remembered my dear aunt’s mantra and shook my head vigorously in dissension for the first time in my existence but providence was yet to take over and change my mind.
Suddenly, a name sprang in my heart and I sent a sms explaining my situation with no hope for s reply. Within a few minutes, I got a message and it read “I live in Ikorodu but I have a friend that stays in VI, I will contact her and ask if she can accommodate you and then get back to you”
Not much later another SMS, it was the address, phone number and name of the friend that lives in VI and below it she wrote, “She said you can come, call her”
I made that phone call and that was how I met the ALIUS. A wonderful people that opened their doors and lives to a stranger and didn’t stop there, they went ahead to make that stranger a part of their family in just about 48 hours. I felt a sense of déjà vu- like I had known them all my life.
Eventually, I flopped at the audition but losing out on what I thought would be my breakthrough didn’t hurt a tad because of the ALIUS. I found the strength and courage to go on and hope to cling also to my dream. I could never say thank you enough to the ALIUS but I am glad I made that trip and I do not and would never regret that I got a NO from Mosunmola Abudu.

Dear Reader, I would like to beseech you to keep doing good and never stop. Even when it seems like you are being paid evil for good because there is an angel somewhere on this earth that providence will employ to reward you unfathomably. I met my angel in the ALIUS and you will definitely meet yours.
      ..............With love and immeasurable gratitude for the ALIUS from the INSPIRER.



No comments:

Post a Comment