Sunday 24 February 2013

ANCIENT JUNGLE.......


Astonished, I exclaimed in exhaustion
It is not here either!
It is all a farce, vacuum I mumbled
Now I feel extremely feeble
Insistently I had struggled through this hurdle filled jungle
Tumbling endlessly in rubble
Desperate to find that twinkle that will calm my jingles
Gaze fixed on the horizon I continued to paddle
Certain I would find it here but no
My head in great tumult as my mind began to juggle these thoughts
“If I had searched through the bubbles, leaving out the jungle, would I have found my twinkle?”
Suddenly, it came to me in a ripple
And as it expanded, I dazzled
Fellow comrades all tremble and stumble deep in the jungle
In their ferocious search, had not sought out guidance
Desperate they neglected the wise gaffer, “keeper of the ancient jungle”
And have all fumbled aimlessly being self-reliant
Awed, I guffawed at their ignorance
Content, I smiled smugly
I solved the puzzle
All I needed to do which no other comrade ever did was to shift my gaze
Yes, to get the twinkle that will calm my jingles
I only had to focus on the gaffer of the ancient jungle

Often times in life we struggle and work so hard chasing after all the pleasant things we crave for but there is a secret we most times neglect or are too busy to discover. A secret that would eradicate and mitigate our struggles as well as save us a lifetime of perturbation. Like a brand new machine could be sabotaged by ignorance on the path of its operator, so can the beautiful gift of life, freely bestowed on us by providence be ruined by a lack of knowledge.
In the midst of our turmoil, pain and incessant labor we ask ourselves if life could get any easier and we are tricked into believing that life has to hurt to turn out beautiful but does it always have to be true?
Imagine two little boys in a toy factory that have just being given a gift of the newest toy train. Euphoric, they raced out of the factory, headed to their respective homes to show off their new trains but they were both confronted with a dilemma back home. They couldn’t get the trains to start!
They tried all they could and it just got harder. Finally, they respectively came up with these decisions.
The first boy thought the factory had deceived them and given them bad toys. He locked up the train in the basement and never spoke of it again. He was fraught with anger.
The other boy got out his bike
and raced all the way to the factory. It was dark and scary but he had a mission. He was going to meet with the train’s manufacturer and demand explanations on why his brand new train wouldn’t work.

When I think about life, I think of it as a gift given to us like the trains were given to the boys but what we make out of life ultimately depends on the decisions and the choices we make. Life throws a missile at you, what do you do?
Resign, give up, act indifferent and blame the creator for your bad fortune or forge ahead by seeking knowledge from the manufacturer!

Where purpose is not defined, abuse is inevitable but how can purpose be deciphered? Don’t just keep wandering in life, ask the manufacturer! Consult the great gaffer of the ancient jungle.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment